Easy Buttermilk Biscuits. Home-grown and organic food, drink and recipes, plus household essentials. Farmdrop: The Online Grocer Providing Fresh, Local Food, Delivered To Your Door. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Easy Buttermilk Biscuit Ingredients All-purpose flour Baking Powder Baking Soda Salt Cold butter Cold buttermilk For the honey butter: In a medium bowl, combine softened butter with honey and sea salt.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Making perfect, mile-high, tender, flaky biscuits is an art for sure. But it doesn't have to be super complicated. You can cook Easy Buttermilk Biscuits using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- You need 1/2 cup of cubed butter, cold.
- Prepare 2 cup of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
Equipping yourself with these little nuggets of knowledge will turn you into. Instructions Freeze the stick of butter. Chill the measured flour and buttermilk. Grate the buttter, tossing it with the flour a little at a time.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut butter into flour with a fork, until it looks crumbly..
- Add buttermilk, use hand to mix together till dough forms..
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to about 1 1/2 inch thick..
- Use a small coffee cup (edges light floured) to cut out biscuits.
- Lay biscuits touching each other on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Top with melted butter and serve.
Stir in the buttermilk just until the ingredients are blended. Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet touching each other. Brush the top of each biscuit with a little bit of buttermilk. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter if desired. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.