Easy Beef Stew. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt and pepper. Toss the beef cubes in the flour until coated.
Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat. This is a stew using canned corned beef and ingredients easily found in most home pantries and refrigerators. The end result is delicious and satisfying. You can cook Easy Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Stew
- Prepare 400 grams of Beef shoulder or shanks for stew.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots.
- You need 150 grams of Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 150 ml of Red wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of tin Tinned demi-glace sauce.
- It’s 1 of around 700 ml Water.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ☆Potato.
Typically it is served over white rice. In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
Easy Beef Stew instructions
- Coat the beef well with salt and pepper. Put the flour and beef into a plastic bag and shake until coated. Heat oil in a pan and cook until the outside is seared..
- Once the beef is seared, add red wine. Evaporate the alcohol on high heat. Combine the meat and the remaining sauce in a pot..
- Add more oil to the pan from Step 2. Once heated, add mushrooms and sliced onion and saute. Once the onions turn transparent, it's done..
- Roughly chop the carrot and add to the pot. Add the ketchup, water, and bay leaf and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour..
- Once the meat is well cooked, add a can of demi-glace sauce and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Season with salt and pepper at the end and you're done..
- You can use whatever demiglace sauce you like..
- I changed the recipe pictures. I add potatoes when I'm not going to freeze it..
Tender beef is simmered in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until melt in your mouth tender. Beef stew is a classic dinner staple in so many households around the world. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. It's a wholesome, healthy comfort food dinner that's packed with flavor and real food ingredients. The beef stew recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo-friendly!