My Easy Basic Hashed Beef Stew. Great recipe for My Easy Basic Hashed Beef Stew. I've always liked hashed beef stew (hayashi rice), and I used to watch my mother make it when I lived at home! It's really important to stir fry the onion well.
Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. You can cook My Easy Basic Hashed Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Easy Basic Hashed Beef Stew
- You need 450 grams of Onion.
- It’s 450 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- Prepare 150 grams of Shimeji mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of White flour.
- You need 1 of Krazy Salt.
- It’s 600 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 50 ml of Red wine.
- You need 3 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- You need 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of Tonkatsu or Worcestershire sauce.
Add corn starch slurry if sauce is too watery. Stir in the vegetable juice, beef broth, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Stir the potatoes and carrots into the stew. Hearty, one-pot, easy beef stew that's just right for a cool night but can also fit into your smart eating plan.
My Easy Basic Hashed Beef Stew step by step
- Thinly slice the onion and fry in vegetable oil. Add butter and fry some more. Then, add the meat. Sprinkle in the flour and continue to fry. Season with Krazy Salt..
- Add the water and bay leaf, then the mushrooms and then the red wine and let it simmer for a while. Remove the scum. After simmering for a while, remove the bay leaf and add the soup stock granules, the ketchup and the sauce..
Tender beef is simmered in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until melt in your mouth tender. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place–easy dinners are our specialty. In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, heat oil. This is a stew using canned corned beef and ingredients easily found in most home pantries and refrigerators. The end result is delicious and satisfying.