Homemade Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan or skillet over medium low heat. In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted.
Allowing the cream to come to a boil allows the water content to evaporate, leaving a thicker mixture. If it is a thinner Alfredo and needs additional thickening, try adding a roux. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. You can have Homemade Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 oz. of block style cream cheese.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Homemade Alfredo sauce works well wherever a rich, creamy sauce is called for. Now that you know how to make Alfredo sauce like a pro, start using it in non-fettuccine ways such as in Scallop and Asparagus Alfredo, Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Peas, and Macaroni Alfredo with Pumpkin and Kale recipes.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into smaller pieces. Place them both along with the heavy cream in a large, deep skillet over medium heat..
- Stir often until the cream cheese and butter are both melted and incorporated. Then stir in the garlic, seasonings and parmesan cheese..
- Once the sauce is smooth, allow it to simmer for 5 or so minutes, until it thickens. Then remove it from the heat and immediately serve in whatever way you'd like..
- Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo –>.
How to Make a Healthy Alfredo Sauce For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour and garlic salt into the melted butter until the mixture is smooth. Slowly beat the half and half into the sauce until completely incorporated.