Cream corn casserole. Low Prices on Cream Style Corn. Stir the creamed corn into the butter mixture, along with the drained whole kernel corn. Next, whisk together the Jiffy corn muffin mix, butter, salt, and eggs.
Corn Casserole is a popular Thanksgiving side dish recipe but it's so delicious, we should make it all year round! Creamed corn is a little more substantial: It's made of corn, water, sugar, corn starch, and salt. Basically it's corn in a sweetened sauce that is thickened with starch. You can cook Cream corn casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream corn casserole
- Prepare 2 can of cream corn.
- Prepare 2 can of kernel corn drained.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of jiffy muffin mix.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
It's good all by itself, but it's amazing when added to creamed corn casserole! After you dump in the corn, add sour cream. Pour all ingredients in casserole dish, and stir. This Old-Fashioned Creamed Corn Casserole would be a quick and easy side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Cream corn casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- In large bowl mix cream corn, kernel corn, eggs, sour cream, jiffy, sugar, and salt/pepper until well blended..
- Pour in dish. Cube the butter and dot over casserole. Gently stir in mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown..
- It will be a tad jiggly in the middle, so don't be alarmed. Let set for a couple minutes and it will firm up more. You have to take it out when it gets golden or the bottom will burn..
You can also just make it on a random weeknight for a fast throw-together side to have with any protein. It smells like buttered popcorn while it cooks and it's heavenly! Try it out and report back! I'm sure your whole family will go crazy for it. To make Cream Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese a day in advance, make the filling, place it in the casserole dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the next day.