Phyllo (dough) 2 You can use it for pies, rolls etc not for pizza!. Credit: Yoly Phyllo dough is great for making fun appetizers or traditional Greek dishes like spanakopita, but it can also be used in sweet ways as a dessert. You can bake up the classic baklava, use it as a crust for cheesecake, or even layer it to create a pie. With an irresistibly flaky texture, it's the perfect choice for your next dessert.
When brushing with butter or oil, or spraying with a butter-flavored cooking spray, start at the edges and work in. The edges dry out the fastest. Unroll phyllo sheets and cover with a lightly damp dish towel. You can cook Phyllo (dough) 2 You can use it for pies, rolls etc not for pizza! using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Phyllo (dough) 2 You can use it for pies, rolls etc not for pizza!
- It’s 3 cup of bread flour.
- You need 3/4 of warm water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
Place one sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the dish. Add the spinach mixture, spreading evenly. Phyllo dough shows its savory side in these traditional Greek, Middle Eastern, Indian, and Baltic specialties. Featuring classics like spanakopita, spinach pie, samosas, and borek, phyllo provides crisp layers of flavor.
Phyllo (dough) 2 You can use it for pies, rolls etc not for pizza! step by step
- Mix everything together, work with the dough for 5 min..
- Cover it and let it rest for 15-30 min.
- On the table sprinkle a lot of flour and start working with the roller, the flour is one of the secret. be careful cause the dough will stuck!.
- Make it as thin as you like..
- When you ll cover your pie, cut it a bit in the top, sprinkle some oil and water..
- optional you can also put on the top milk and egg.
- I ll adding fillings for pies, some ideas!.
If you're not experienced with phyllo dough, you may be surprised how easy it is to work with. Phyllo dough, also spelled 'fillo' comes into tissue thin sheets, stacked and wrapped together into rolls or flat squares and can be find fresh (more rarely) or frozen in the frozen food section. Phyllo sheets can be used whole or cut in size according to the recipe. Readily available in the frozen food section at your grocery store, phyllo dough is easy to use. You may find it either in flat squares or in rolls and I personally do not have a preference on which I use.