Simple Beef stew. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. This classic beef stew recipe makes sure you really make the most of each step of the cooking process to end up with a beautiful, rich, and hearty beef stew! Mom's Hearty Beef Stew with Dumplings.
Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt and pepper. You can cook Simple Beef stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Beef stew
- It’s 1 kg of beef stewing meat cut into cubes.
- You need 2 of grated tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of BBQ spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Morocco rub spice.
- You need 1 tsp of masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 of beef cube stock.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 3 tbs of Brown onion powdered soup.
In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food.
Simple Beef stew step by step
- Rinse and cook the beef for an approximately 50 minutes.
- Then season the meat as it soft and starts to fry on it's own..
- Crumble the stock in and add the onion.
- Stir then add tomatoes and let it cook slowly.
- Then cover again the meat and on top of the meat pour that soup the powder of brown onion then add water to be a nice gravy for the meat.
- Enjoy it with rice and serve.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the stockpot. Stir in beef stock, thyme, bay leaves and steak. Cook the beef and onions until browned. Add beef broth and red wine while scraping up any brown bits in the pan.