Robin's Easy Beef Stew. Mix until all of the beef is coated. In large stock pot add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. On medium heat, add the flour-coated beef and brown on all sides.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Toss the beef cubes in the flour until coated. In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat until the oil blooms. You can have Robin's Easy Beef Stew using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Robin's Easy Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of Cubed Beef.
- You need 4 tbsp of Plain Flour.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion (chopped).
- It’s 3 cup of Frozen Assorted Vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, etc).
- You need 5 large of Potatoes (cubed).
- Prepare 6 quart of Hot Water.
- It’s 4 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- Prepare 5 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. How to Make Beef Stew on the Stovetop Put the beef stew meat into a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Mix until all the beef is covered. Learn what to cook with beef stew meat.
Robin's Easy Beef Stew instructions
- In a large bowl, add the thawed cubed beef and 2 tablespoons of plain flour. Mix until all of the beef is coated..
- In large stock pot add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. On medium heat, add the flour-coated beef and brown on all sides..
- In a small pan cook diced onions until soft and translucent. They could be added directly to the pot, but I prefer to fully cook them before adding to the pot. Add onions to the pot of beef and stir..
- In the bowl used to coat beef, add 2 cups of hot water to dissolve any remaining flour. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and whisk until dissolved. Add this mixture to the pot and stir..
- Put 6 quarts of hot water into the pot and add the 4 beef bouillon cubes. They'll dissolve with time..
- Add frozen vegetables and cubed potatoes to the pot. Season with dashes of worcestershire sauce and heavily salt and pepper..
- If the stew needs thickened, add flour and hot water to a bowl, whisk, and add the mixtute to the stew until desired thickness. Do not add flour directly to the stew as it does not dissolve. You'll be picking out lumps!.
- Simmer on low/medium heat for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Continue to season to taste..
Choose from delicious dinner ideas and unique twists to the comfort food we've grown to love. Sometimes you just need to mix things up. You've bought that pound of stew meat fully intending on making up a batch. For those of us who are white rice lovers at heart, this recipe makes brown rice taste great! Everyone takes seconds; it is that good.