Easy Beef Shank Stew. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Selected For You By Our Experts. Advice & Inspiration To Prepare For Your Next Adventure.
Easy Beef Shank Stew is something that I have loved my entire life. To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. Here is how you can achieve that. You can have Easy Beef Shank Stew using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Shank Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of beef shank.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of chopped red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of chopped yellow bell pepper.
- You need 2 of chopped large tomatoes.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of hot curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of clove powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of steak & chops seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of stock cube.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s handful of coriander leaves.
I hope you enjoyed this slow cooker recipe! Osso Buccos (also known as beef shanks) are a great source of healthy fats and gelatin and give this soup its rich beef flavor. All you have to do is let them simmer on the slow cooker for a while with some flavorful fresh herbs and chopped vegetables. However, as beef shanks are cooked slowly at a low temperature, the nutritional value of this cut really comes out.
Easy Beef Shank Stew instructions
- In a heavy base pot, combine all the ingredients (excluding corrinander) and simmer on medium to high heat for 1.5 hours. Stirring occasionally. Only add water if stew is burning or low..
- 1 minute before serving add the coriander leave and stir in. Turn the cooker off and serve.
- Serve with rice and vegetables..
Bone and cartilage are rich sources for important nutritional minerals, and as the beef shanks simmer/cook, the minerals are seep out and give the beef shanks a deep and rich flavor. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Heat an oven-proof deep skillet with a lid over medium-high heat on the stove; add olive oil. Season beef shank with salt and pepper. Transfer beef shank to a plate.