Tartar sauce. Simple tartar sauce for deep fried seafood. It is better if prepared several hours before you will be using it, but it can be used immediately. Ina Garten's recipe for Tartar Sauce from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network is fresher than the store-bought stuff, and it's so easy it takes only five minutes.
Tartar sauce is typically made of mayonnaise, chopped pickles or gherkins, and onions, capers, or fresh parsley. For those who follow a gluten-free diet, always check the label to verify that the mayonnaise you are using is gluten-free. What goes well with tartar sauce? You can have Tartar sauce using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tartar sauce
- Prepare 4 Tbs of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small gherkins finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mixed dry herbs.
- You need 2 sprigs of spring onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper fine.
Get Tartar Sauce Recipe from Food Network. Best if refrigerated for an hour before use. Note: Can be made without the food processor, using dill relish or finely minced pickle. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Tartar sauce step by step
- Add all ingredients (mayonnaise, gherkins, lemon juice, salt, dry herbs, spring onion, pepper) to a bowl and mix through. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Taste then adjust with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. What Are the Ingredients in Tartar Sauce? This tartar sauce starts with a base of mayonnaise. To that we mix in chopped dill pickles and capers, Dijon mustard, chopped shallots and scallions, Tabasco hot sauce and lemon juice.