Trader Joes Sweet Corn and Chili Salsa. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Seasonal Plants Now In Stock. Order Award Winning Varieties From The Experts. The Best New And Exclusive Varieties For Your Gardens!
In a large saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Really, what we're talking about is a very nice, very mild corn salsa that someone decided to ruin by pouring a ton sweetener into it. If you aren't familiar with Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa, it is all about the fresh corn taste, light on vinegar and more of a sweet with a touch of heat salsa. You can cook Trader Joes Sweet Corn and Chili Salsa using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Trader Joes Sweet Corn and Chili Salsa
- You need 2 cans of Sweet corn.
- You need 1 of Red pepper finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Distilled white vinegar.
- You need 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of Red onion, minced..
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Red pepper.
The fresh corn flavour is front and centre. You can enjoy this corn salsa with tortilla chips, or on tacos or quesadillas. It's also great on hot dogs, sausages or burgers or alongside grilled pork of chicken. This Trader Joe's corn salsa is a sweet salsa that goes really well with seafood or for dipping tortilla chips in.
Trader Joes Sweet Corn and Chili Salsa step by step
- Toss the sweet corn kernels and chopped red pepper together in a mixing bowl. Set aside..
- In a large saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Place the pan over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce the liquid to a simmer. Add the chopped onion and ground red pepper. Simmer until the onion becomes translucent, about 10 minutes. To the simmering liquid, add the sweet corn and chopped red pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the corn salsa to a non-reactive container, pressing down lightly to pack the corn. Gently pour the remaining cooking liquid from the saucepan over the packed salsa just until it is covered. Refrigerate for a day before serving (to allow the flavors to develop)..
- Serve with chips for dipping..
The official name is Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Tomato Less Salsa, so the fact that there are no tomatoes set this apart from your average salsa. Popular recipes found throughout Mexico and the Tex Mex border region contain everything but the tomato. Trader Joe's tomato-less salsa is a unique recipe with corn, red bell peppers, onion and jalapeno peppers. Slightly sweet with a touch of heat. Try it as a dip for chips or spread it on tacos, burritos and taquitos.