Chicken Corn Chowder. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Cook the sweetcorn in a pan of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
Steaming bowls of chicken chowder gently flavoured with fennel and garlic – comfort food made from your leftovers doesn't get much better than this. Add the potato, sweet corn and stock, bring up to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft. Blend half of this mixture until smooth, then return to the pan and stir in the double cream. You can have Chicken Corn Chowder using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Corn Chowder
- You need 1 of chicken breast cut in small pieces.
- You need 5 of medium size russet potatoes, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 of cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 2 1/2 of cups of water with a chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 of fresh rosemary sprig.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, can be cut in small pieces or mashed.
- Prepare 1 of cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
- You need 1 of pint of half and half (evaporated milk can be used instead).
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the milk, three-quarters of the chicken and the chopped tarragon. Add shredded chicken, potatoes, corn, half and half, and chicken broth. This chicken and corn chowder recipe is cozy, flavorful, and easy to make.
Chicken Corn Chowder step by step
- In a big enough saucepan put water with chicken bouillon. First add chicken after you have cut it. Let cook for 5 minutes..
- Then add garlic, onion and potatoes..
- When chicken is done add the half and half, bacon, corn and rosemary sprig..
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or potatoes are tender over medium low heat. In this step you can add the black pepper. Salt to taste..
Bacon makes this recipe extra delicious. This chicken corn chowder is the type of recipe I'm craving these days. Just give me a big bowl of something warm, please! Ok, not quite, but it certainly makes this soup better. Meanwhile, chop the celery leaves, trim the ends off the spring onions and slice them thinly.