Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender.
To serve: Pile the noodles high on a plate, top with stroganoff sauce and. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. You can cook Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles
- You need 1-2 lbs of beef chuck, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, roughly split.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 sprigs of thyme or 1 Tbsp dried thyme.
- It’s 1 lb of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of sherry or brandy.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of egg noodles.
- You need of Parsley.
Serve the stroganoff over the noodles; garnish with more sour cream and chopped parsley. Instructions to make Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles: Begin by prepping the ingredients. Add the carrot, onion, garlic, bay, and thyme to the pressure cooker and saute while you brown the beef. Add the beef and any juices that have accumulated on the plate.
Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles step by step
- Begin by prepping the ingredients.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker on saute.
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, bay, and thyme to the pressure cooker and saute while you brown the beef.
- Season the beef with about a Tbsp of salt and some pepper. In a large skillet over high heat with a little oil, brown the beef..
- When the beef begins to give up its liquid, add it to the pressure cooker with the vegetables, and add the sherry..
- Return the skillet to the high heat and add the mushrooms to brown..
- When the mushrooms are starting to sweat, add them to the pressure cooker..
- Add the water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire, and soy sauce.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release. If doing this in a Dutch oven, increase the water to 3 cups total and place on low heat with the lid ajar and simmer for 2 hours or until the liquid is reduced by half..
- While the beef is cooking, mix the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl..
- When the pressure is released, remove the carrot and bay leaves, take a few ladles of the hot liquid and temper it into the sour cream mixture. Taste the beef for seasoning with salt..
- Boil the egg noodles in a pot, drain and toss with remaining 2 Tbsp of butter..
- Serve the stroganoff atop the noodles with a garnish of chopped parsley and an extra dollop of sour cream..
Simmer until the meat is warmed through. Take care not to overcook the beef! Remove from heat and serve over buttered egg noodles. Finish with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.