French Onion Beef & Noodles. Get just the right utensils for the job. In cooker, layer half each of the beef, mushrooms and onion; repeat layers. Add can of cream of mushroom and french onion dip to ground beef.
Take this recipe and make it your way, but this particular recipe goes the route of slowly caramelizing onions, lightly coating the beef chunks with a flour mix for a nice sear before braising, and lots of chunky vegetables. French onion casserole is an easy and hearty casserole filled with ground beef, onions, French onion dip, cream of mushroom soup, noodles, and is great for a busy weeknight dinner. The delicious flavor of ground beef perfectly combines with the rich french onion and a touch of creamy noodles. You can have French Onion Beef & Noodles using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion Beef & Noodles
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 bag of egg noodles.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded swiss.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 of bay leafs.
- Prepare Pinch of thyme.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the beef and season with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add French onion soup, beef broth, and egg noodles to the pot and bring to a boil. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
French Onion Beef & Noodles instructions
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Drain and set aside..
- Put onions and butter, bay leaf and thyme, salt and pepper, in skillet and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Cook egg noodles according to package..
- Add mushrooms, cook for 5 more minutes. Remove bay leaf. Add back the beef, add red wine, Worcestershire, beef broth, and flour..
- Once the sauce thickens stir in the sour cream, and add the egg noodles. Season to taste. Top with swiss and put a lid on it let it sit over low heat untill the cheese melts..
- Serve hot..
Add the beef and season with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add French onion soup an beef broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. In large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until cooked through. To the large bowl with the noodles, add French onion dip, condensed soup, and sour cream. Stir until thoroughly combined and then stir in cheese and ground beef.