Simple Ginger biscuits. Low Prices on Chocolate Covered Ginger Biscuits. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Choose from our s-crumb-tious selection of easy recipes available online today! Combine the ginger and the flour.
Gradually stir in the cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk and knead briefly to make a dough. Melt the margarine, caster sugar and golden syrup gently in a pan over a medium heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and cool. You can cook Simple Ginger biscuits using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Ginger biscuits
- It’s 50 g of salted butter.
- It’s 40 g of soft brown sugar.
- It’s 50 g of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of diced stem ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 150 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
Place the dry ingredients in a dish. Mix all the ingredients (except the egg) together and add the beaten egg bit by bit to make a stiff consistency. Roll in hand to about the size of a walnut. These simple biscuits are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy in the middle, just right alongside a cuppa.
Simple Ginger biscuits step by step
- Pre heat your oven on 180’c. Line in baking tray with baking paper..
- Making wet ingredients: In a small saucepan over low heat, add butter, sugar, honey and finely chopped stem ginger, stir the ingredients slowly until all melted and leave to cool..
- Making dry ingredients: Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate together in a mixing bowl..
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together: Gradually stir in wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Add egg yolk and and knead briefly to make a cookie dough..
- Roll it to long sausage and wrap with cling film. Put in the fridge for 20 min to set. Take them out and cut them into small disk, place them on to baking tray and bake for 10 min..
- Once cooked, leave them out to cool down. You can have with a cup of tea or coffee. I served mind with Rhubarb fool.
Cut the dough with a cookie or gingerbread man cutter to the size you wish. Gather the scraps, re-roll between sheets of paper and refrigerate again. Gingerbread is a great thing to make at Christmas, these simple gingerbread biscuits look impressive hanging from the tree or given as gifts to family and friends. How to make gingerbread biscuits: Add butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.