Beef Black Soup (Rawon). All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
It is very difficult to find kluwak here. Once I found it online, it was very very expensive. I decided to try making Rawon (ruh-won) (Indonesian Beef Black Soup). You can have Beef Black Soup (Rawon) using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Black Soup (Rawon)
- You need 1 pack of Bamboe Rawon Instant Spices.
- You need 1 lbs of beef shanks.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 of lemon grass, white part only, bruised.
- Prepare 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need to taste of Salt.
One main ingredient that you need is this keluwak/kluwak nuts. According to Recipes Wiki: Kluwak nuts come from the kepayang tree (Pangium edule) of Indonesia & Malaysia, a member of the flacourtia family (Flacourtiaceae). In this video will teach you how to make Beef black soup. It's practical and easy to follow.
Beef Black Soup (Rawon) step by step
- Put all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Set on low and let it cook for 8 hours or until the meat gets tender. Cut the meat into bite pieces..
- This is the brand I usually use to make rawon. They are usually available in Asian grocery stores. The picture is from Google..
Beef black soup (Rawon) is cuisine from Surabaya that has a uniq. When I used to live in Melbourne, my housemate's mum always made this dish (she is from Surabaya of course) when she visiting. I decided to make this Rawon Buntut. Rawon is an Eastern Javanese Diced Beef in Black. Rawon is a delicious Indonesian beef soup; originally from Surabaya, East Java.