My Favorite Pasta Carbonara. Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara—indulgent and delicious, yet so easy! Learn how to make carbonara sauce with bacon or The silky carbonara sauce is created when the beaten eggs are tossed with the hot pasta and a little fat from the pancetta or bacon. This is the classic version of carbonara I grew up eating.
We did well back then but I think I have improved little bit 🥰 My Favorite Spaghetti alla Carbonara: Jamie Oliver Inspired Recipe. New Kitchen Life is an Amazon Associate and participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon EU Associates Programme and the Amazon Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. In fact, the comfort pasta dish that while not enjoyed often, when chosen to be enjoyed is deeply savored – Spaghettia alla Carbonara. You can have My Favorite Pasta Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Pasta Carbonara
- It’s of //Egg sauce//.
- It’s of ☆100 g parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of ☆5 eggs.
- You need of ☆1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of ☆1/4 tsp salt.
- Prepare 400 g of pasta.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 300 g of bacon.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
I have been eating and then cooking this dish for decades. My mother began cooking this dish when we were young children, and it was a special occasion to cozy in and be home with our family. This is truly one of my favorite dishes to make and to eat. It is pure comfort food and always makes me remember being in the kitchen with my dad.
My Favorite Pasta Carbonara step by step
- In a medium size bowl, add all the ingredients of ☆ and mix it well..
- In a large pan, drizzle olive oil, BEFORE turning on stovetop heat add minced garlic. Then turn on stovetop (low to medium heat) and sauté for three minutes until it’s golden brown. Remove the sautéed garlic from pan and put it aside..
- In the same pan, add back the oil and put bacon and sauté until it gets crispy. Discard excess oil. Add crushed red pepper and sauté for one minute and turn off the heat and let it rest..
- In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water. Finished it al dente. Save 1 cup pasta water..
- In the same pot you boiled the pasta, on low heat, mix the pasta and sautéed bacon very well. Add 1/4 pasta water and mix well. Add half of the egg sauce and mix them continuously. Add another 1/4 pasta water and the rest of the egg sauce. Your goal is to finish with creamy textures (not crumbly). Add more pasta water if it’s needed..
- After you plate it, add sautéed garlic pieces and crushed black pepper on top of the pasta. ENJOY!.
When I first wrote this recipe, my dad was still here. My favorite recipe for authentic Italian pasta carbonara that's easy to make, full of the richest flavors, and made with four basic ingredients. A few months ago while I was in Valencia doing a two-week Spanish language intensive, I became good buddies with my fellow classmate, Alessio, who proudly hailed from Rome. I like pasta in all its many incarnations, but I think spaghetti alla carbonara has to be one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is not overly complicated, with minimal ingredients and steps to making it.