Blueberry Muffins. Find Scrumptious Muffin Recipes Explore Our Selection of Recipes Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. These cake-like muffins are simply divine. They are sweet and packed full of fresh blueberries. You can have Blueberry Muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sugar plus 1tbsp sugar for sprinkling on top.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plus 1 tbsp flavorless oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Enjoy as a snack or with afternoon tea. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes. They're ready when they've risen, turned golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C..
- In a large bowl, mix the curd and sugar until the sugar slightly dissolves. Add the baking powder and baking soda and let it rest for about 2 minutes as the mixture turns frothy..
- Next, add the oil and lemon juice. Add the sieved flour and mix well but do not overmix..
- Fold in the blueberries gently, you do not want to crush them. Leave a few blueberries to be added on top of the batter..
- Line the muffin tray with paper liners and pour the batter upto ¾th of the liner. Add the remaining blueberries and sprinkle with the sugar..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Notes:- blueberries should be tossed in flour.
Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice until evenly combined. Spray the pan and the liners with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. These blueberry muffins are buttery, soft, and moist.