Pizza Sauce (revised). Ladle sauce in two rows down the length of the pizza. Season the top of the pizza with a pinch of oregano. Look for an amber-colored top and crispy edges.
Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. The main difference is that pizza sauce is raw, whereas pasta sauce is cooked. In the region where my mother is from, oregano is for pizza sauce, not pasta sauce. You can have Pizza Sauce (revised) using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Sauce (revised)
- Prepare 371 g of water-You DO have a gram scale, don't you? :).
- Prepare 335 of g, (12 oz) can Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Basil (2/3 tsp dried).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Freeze Dried Oregano (2/3 tsp dried).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fennel seed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried crushed Rosemary.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of White Sugar.
Also, don't believe for a minute that either one should be "thick" or "heavy." If you end up with a thick pizza sauce, you're not making anything remotely Italian. A simple pizza sauce used by many pizzerias. The thickness of the sauce is regulated by the amount of water used; it should be somewhat viscous. Empty the contents of the tomato can in a mixing bowl and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your hands, leaving them just a little chunky.
Pizza Sauce (revised) instructions
- Measure out all ingredients..
- Mix well and pour into 4 containers, about 172g each. I used fresh oyster containers..
- Put into the freezer and thaw for several hours before using..
Pre-cooked and canned sauces tend to dry out on a pizza and the true flavor of the tomatoes becomes dull, while this uncooked sauce keeps it's vibrant tomato flavor and color. Authentic pizza sauce is not cooked until it is put into the oven on pizza. In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic and paprika. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.