Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe). Nilagang Baka is a simple Filipino beef soup. There are many ways to prepare Nilagang Baka; this Nilagang baka recipe that I am featuring is probably the tastiest among the versions that I know because I used some sort of mirepoix to infuse flavor to the soup – I'm talking about the addition of onion, celery, and star anise in the initial step so that the soup will be flavorful even before. What meat to use in beef nilaga.
Nilagang baka is a Filipino beef soup with vegetables like carrots, potatoes, cabbage and pechay. The best beef soup is combining the beef with bony parts like beef ribs but you can also make soup stock by boiling the bones. When buying beef, it is also recommended to choose meat with some fat to improve the taste. You can cook Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe)
- It’s 1 of kl or half beef shank and tendon, cut into serving pieces.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 4 bunches of pechay.
- It’s 10 pcs of Baguio beans, ends trimmed.
- You need 1 of small cabbage, quartered.
- It’s of salt/fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
Nilagang Baka is a Filipino beef stew with variety of vegetable mix to it. Like the Bulalo recipe, this is a perfect dish during rainy days and cold season because of the hot soup it produces. The main difference between the two is that Nilagang Baka uses the beef's meat with or without the bone while Bulalo uses specifically the beef shanks with bone marrow. While simmering, remove dirty foam with a spoon.
Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion..
- Add beef, water, salt/fish sauce and peppercorns. Cover and boil until beef is fork tender (more than one hour)..
- Add potatoes, corn and cook until tender..
- Add Baguio beans, pechay and cabbage and season with salt/fish sauce..
- Serve with fish sauce, sili and calamansi.
How to cook Nilagang Baka Nilagang Baka Recipe is a delicious beef stew made with petsay, cabbages and other vegetables. It is one of the most common dishes that can be found in every part of the Philippines. Nilagang Baka is an everyday dish that can be found in almost all carinderias (small eatery) in the Philippines which is highly appreciated by every one. Nilagang Baka ala Bulalo is a type of Filipino beef soup wherein chunks of beef are boiled with whole peppercorn and onion until very tender. Vegetables such as cabbage, bok choy, long green beans (also known as pechay Baguio), potato and corn can be used.