Japanese Beef Curry. Savory and hearty Japanese beef curry made with beef, potatoes, carrots, mushroom, and Japanese curry roux. The flavor of Japanese curry is quite different from Indian or Thai curry. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
They are typically found in blocks and come in different flavors. How To Make Japanese Curry Cook the beef cubes in a large pot and transfer them to a plate once they are cooked. Add onions to the pot and cook them until tender. You can cook Japanese Beef Curry using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Beef Curry
- You need 1/4 kg of beef shanks.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 1 pack of Japanese Curry Mix.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 5 1/2 cups of water.
Stir in garlic, ginger and grated apple and cook for two minutes. Japanese beef curry is a fantastic way to use up some past-their-prime root vegetables as it's fairly adaptable to what you have on hand in terms of quantity (one or two less carrots or potatoes than specified isn't going to wreck your meal) and the strong flavours take over everything else. Make Japanese Curry: Taste the caramelized onion beef stew. Mix in the Japanese curry roux cubes one by one while tasting for the right balance of flavors.
Japanese Beef Curry step by step
- Slice onions in strips. Cut the carrot and potato in cubes. Add some salt and pepper..
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to the beef cubes..
- In a heated pan, place 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the onion, carrot, and potato for 2-3 minutes. Set aside..
- Using the same pan, stir fry the beef cubes on each side until brown. Set aside..
- In a pot, place the beef, cubed carrots and potatoes, onions and Japanese curry mix with water..
- Place slow cooker into high for 90 minutes. Served with rice..
Taste and add more curry roux or Japanese soy sauce if necessary. Heat the butter and oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat until the butter melts and bubbles. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the beef in batches until well browned. Add water and bring to boil. Beef Curry Heat cooking oil in a large pot over medium heat.