Black Pepper Beef. Return all the beef to the pot and add the stock and enough water to cover the beef. Stir in the garlic and bay leaf and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pot and.
Put the peppercorns in a mortar and use a pestle to crush the pepper into large pieces. You don't want any whole peppercorns, but it should be very coarse. Add beef, season with salt, and toss to coat. You can cook Black Pepper Beef using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Pepper Beef
- Prepare 300 gr of beef tenderloin, thinly sliced, marinade with 1 Tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp sweet soy sauce, mix well, set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of sweat soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 50 ml of water.
Put the peppercorns in a mortar and use a pestle to crush the pepper into large pieces. You don't want any whole peppercorns, but it should be very coarse. Hei Jiao Niu Liu (黑椒牛柳), or Black Pepper Beef, is a fast, easy stir-fry made with beef, onions, and peppers seasoned with oyster sauce and loads of black pepper. My take on this Chinese classic features big juicy chunks of steak, which gives the dish more substance and a bold, beefy taste.
Black Pepper Beef instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and onion until fragrant..
- Add beef. Cook until it changes color. Season with sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and sugar. Mix well. Test the taste..
- Add red and green bell peppers..
- Add water. Keep stirring until the beef is cooked. Remove from the heat..
- Serve hot over steam white rice. Yum! 😋.
Recipe Video Pin It Beef is marinated with a relatively thick sauce. And black pepper is used at the very end of the stir-frying. We get a drier, cleaner and bouncing flavored black pepper and beef stir fry. It is just so amazing that we can create so many layers of flavors in a simple stir fry dish. Tender and succulent beef strips with a black pepper flavoured sauce, Chinese black pepper beef stir-fry can be made at home to a restaurant standard.