Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits. Chicken pot pie is just so good. Sautéed shallots and thyme, a splash of white wine, creamy chicken, peas, and carrots all baked under a homemade biscuit topping. Bake: Arrange biscuits on top of filling.
Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg. Topping a chicken pot pie with biscuit dough results in an amazing combination of textures: fluffy, crusty biscuits and creamy chicken filling. You can cook Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 7 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 cans of carrots.
- Prepare 2 cans of peas.
- Prepare 5 of med potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 can of biscuits or 2 cups of baking mix.
The tangy buttermilk biscuits also provide more heft to the dish, making it feel heartier. Plus, there's no arguing with the speed and simplicity of a drop biscuit. This chicken pot pie is perfect for a cold winter night, whether it's for your family or all of your closest friends. I think, no, I know, Cleo would approve!
Chicken pot pie topped with biscuits step by step
- Boil and cube chicken along with 2 bouillon cube..
- Cut and peel potatoes boil in chicken water along with the remaining bouillon cubes. When the potatoes are almost done add carrots and peas both drained. When the potatoes are done thicken juice with corn starch mixed in water. Add parsley and pepper..
- If using baking mix mix out biscuit dough according to box and roll out about 1/4 inch thick..
- Add chicken to veggie mixture and pour into baking dish and top with biscuits. Bake at 375 until top of biscuits are golden brown.
Classic chicken pot pie is a savory pie made with a flaky pie crust. For this recipe we're trading the pie crust for buttery, flaky biscuits. Carefully remove the pan from the oven as it will be very hot. The filling is extra decadent because it's made with Cream of Potato Soup, which becomes a rich and creamy sauce as it bakes. This chicken pot pie is baked to perfection with a biscuit topping.