Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style. DIRECTIONS Combine the cubed chicken with the egg white and cornstarch. Kung Pao Chicken (宫保鸡丁) in Chinese is a stir-fried dish with chicken cubes, dried chili pepper and deep-fried peanuts. The tender taste of the chicken matches great with the crispy peanuts with a combined sweet, sour and spicy taste.
Infusing oil with chiles and Sichuan peppercorns provides the signature ma-la (hot and numbing) flavor in this dish. Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style LeeGoh. Szechuan Kung Pao Chicken (Gong Bao Ji Ding) recipe: A spicy chicken and peanut dish originating from the western Chinese province of Szechuan, an area renowned for its distinctive fiery hot cuisine. You can cook Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style
- You need of MARINATE CHICKEN.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 cup of dice chicken thigh.
- You need 2 tbsp of shao xing rice wine.
- It’s of SAUCE.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Shao xing rice wine.
- You need 2 of thumb size slice fine ginger strip.
- You need 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted peanut.
- Prepare 10 of dry red chili.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN SALT.
- You need 1 tsp of szechuan peppercorn salt pls refer to my recipe ( optional ).
I learned this when I was living in ChongQing. Important foreward: Get ALL of your ingredients ready before anything goes into the wok. Kung Pao Chicken is from the Sichuan province in China. The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken.
Kung Po Chicken In Szechuan Style instructions
- FOR THE SZECHUAN PEPPERCORN SALT PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHMENT BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365283-szechuan-peppercorn-salt.
- Marinate chicken with cornstarch and shao xing rice wine for minimum 20 to 60 minute.
- Then in low heat add 4 top of oil and dry red chili for 2 minute till dry red chili almost turning dark colour.
- remove dry chili and drain on paper towel then set a side.
- with the same oil stir fry the marinated chicken for 4 minute till meat are cooked and no longer pink.
- add slice ginger and drain red chili and mix well for 30 second.
- add brown sugar with peanut and mix well for 30 second.
- add sauce and stir fry for another 1 minute then off heat and,serve top with szhechuan pepper salt.
- BELOW ARE FEW OF MY KUNG PO RECIPE,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355440-kung-po-roasted-duck https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361444-kung-po-fish-fillet.
This is a spicy chicken dish with a mouthwatering Kung Pao Sauce. It is popular at Chinese takeouts or restaurants here in the United States. I lived in China for two years, and this recipe (with some important but minor changes) comes very close to the Kung Pao chicken that can be found in Beijing restaurants. Kung Pao and Szechuan are two terms that are associated with Chinese cuisine. There are a number of regional cuisines in China and Szechuan is one of the most popular and influential cuisine styles out of them.