Beef Shank Simmered in White Wine. Wild Vines Brings You Hand Picked Wines That We Love & Believe In. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Transfer beef shank to a plate. Wine and vinegar may also be used in the liquid base for braising. If adding vinegar, choose balsamic, apple, or red wine vinegar. You can cook Beef Shank Simmered in White Wine using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Shank Simmered in White Wine
- It’s 200 grams of Beef shank.
- It’s 1 of to 2 Onion.
- Prepare 300 ml of White wine.
- You need 2 of to 3 cloves Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
- Prepare 100 ml of Water (as needed).
- You need 1 dash of Oregano (if you have some).
The broth is impressive after simmering the shank for a few hours. However, as beef shanks are cooked slowly at a low temperature, the nutritional value of this cut really comes out. Bone and cartilage are rich sources for important nutritional minerals, and as the beef shanks simmer/cook, the minerals are seep out and give the beef shanks a deep and rich flavor. It's as meaty and rich as short ribs, and just as straightforward to prepare.
Beef Shank Simmered in White Wine step by step
- Put olive oil and crushed garlic cloves in a heavy bottomed pan and turn on the heat. Cook until fragrant. Add the beef and brown..
- When the beef is nicely colored, add the sliced onions and sauté briefly. Add the white wine and soup stock cube and simmer over low heat..
- If the liquid reduces, check the meat to see how tender it is. If it's still tough, add water and continue simmering..
- Serve with bread to mop up that delicious sauce..
- Here, I added warm simmered vegetables for color..
In this hearty braise, the meat is simmered in wine with carrots and celeriac. Feel free to substitute other vegetables. This version, made with a crosscut whole beef shank, is cooked in white wine and rich homemade beef bouillon layered with vegetables and aromatics for added complexity. Melt the butter in a large oven-safe braising pan over medium to medium-high heat. Fry the beef shanks in the butter until browned on the outside.