Hotel-style Beef Shank in a Pressure Cooker. Season and sear the shanks in two batches: Trim all the fat you can from the outside of the beef shanks, then (optionally) tie with twine to hold them together. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, brown beef in batches.
Add the reserved beef shanks and carrots and clamp on the lid. You may still need to use the pressure release valve to release the rest of the pressure. It came out delicious of course! You can have Hotel-style Beef Shank in a Pressure Cooker using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hotel-style Beef Shank in a Pressure Cooker
- You need 4 of to 5 cm square Beef shank.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 30 grams of Butter.
- It’s 400 ml of ★Red wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 of ★Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Sugar.
Place roasted bones and onion in a pressure cooker with carrot, celery, parsley, garlic, salt, peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaves. Remove from heat; open pressure cooker carefully. Ingredient: beef chuck and/or beef shanks. Add three cups of beef stock to the pressure cooker.
Hotel-style Beef Shank in a Pressure Cooker instructions
- Marinate the beef with salt and pepper..
- Slice the onion into 6 thin wedges..
- Heat the pressure cooker with butter and brown the surface of the meat. Add the onion and continue cooking..
- Add all ★ ingredients and cover the pressure cooker over high heat. When the pressure regulator starts chattering, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes..
- When the float valve drops after 30 minutes, the meat should be soft enough to melt in your mouth. Boil it down until the liquid has reduced and it's done..
- Place the onions on top of the beef. Add warm green vegetables to please the eye..
Then add a half cup of white wine into it. Now carefully close the cover or the lid of the pressure cooker. Chilling in the Fridge: This dish is meant to be served as a chilled appetizer or main dish. So, after pressure cooking, set it aside to cool down, then chill it in the fridge. Pat beef dry with paper towels.