Beef with lemon sauce. Pour in the wine and wait to evaporate. Add the lemon juice, the oregano and enough hot water just to cover the meat. I made this tonight using chuck blade and it was so really good!
It's slow-cooked beef that resembles an oven roast. Cut into thin slices, and served with lemon gravy. An utterly delicious dish that's loaded with garlic and lemon flavor. You can have Beef with lemon sauce using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef with lemon sauce
- You need 1/2 kg of beef (shank).
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need of oil.
- You need 4-5 of medium-sized potatoes.
Remove meatballs to a heated dish and skim any fat from broth. Slowly stir flour mixture in to simmering broth and stir with a whisk until sauce thickens. (sauce will be thin). Add lemon juice to sauce and return meatballs to the sauce. The sauce is creamy, cheesy, rich and the the lemon juice really brightens up the sauce.
Beef with lemon sauce instructions
- Blanch the beef for a little while..
- Then sauté the onion with the beef, the pepper and the salt..
- Add the lemons, the potoatoes cut into pieces and as much water as is needed to cover the potatoes. Seal the pressure cooker and let everything boil for 20 minutes..
- Then, remove the lid and let it cook for about 5 more minutes for the sauce to thicken..
This sauce is a little on the thicker side because I like to mix the Parmesan sauce with plain mashed potatoes with broccoli on the side. If you need to make the sauce thinner, add ¼ – ½ cup of beef broth to the sauce. Mix by hand until until mixture is fully incorporated. Form the meat mixture into balls (each the size of a heaping tablespoon.) Roll meatballs into the flour to lightly coat and place them on a large tray for now. As classic as a sauce can be, this one needs to live up to its name.