Bhel puri. A snack with almost iconic status in the western region of India, bhel puri (or bhelpuri) is a low-fat, nutritious, and delicious food. It is a chaat, which is a spicy food that is typically sold via street carts throughout the region. Bhel puri a puffed rice snack that can be eaten by the spoonful or scooped onto a flatbread or chip.
Bhelpuri is a savoury snack originating from India, and is also a type of chaat. It is made of puffed rice, vegetables and a tangy tamarind sauce, and has a crunchy texture. Bhel is often identified as a 'beach snack', strongly associated with the beaches of Mumbai, such as Chowpatty or Juhu. You can cook Bhel puri using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bhel puri
- It’s of Sab ki favourite 'Bhel Puri'.
- It’s of Recipe.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Puffed Rice (Murmura/Mamra).
- It’s 5-6 of Paapdi (Crunchy Salty Wafers).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Roasted Peanuts.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sev (think crunchy noodles made from Gram Flour).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Onions.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of KNORR chilli garlic sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Dhania).
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Tamarind Chutney (Imli Chutney).
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Green Coriander Chutney.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Salt, or to taste.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Chaat Masala.
- Prepare bowl of Add Chaat Masala and Salt to the.
Bhel puri is a slightly sweet, spicy & sour tasting chaat snack made with puffed rice, chaat chutneys, veggies & Sev. It is a very popular street food & is mostly loved by everyone. Bhel puri, Pav bhaji & vada pav are some that have originated in Mumbai & became one of the most loved chaat snacks across India. To make bhel puri, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently till all the ingredients are well mixed.
Bhel puri step by step
- Take puffed rice in a large bowl. Add 5-6.
- Add 5-6 portions of Namkeen Papdi, roasted Peanuts and Sev. You can also add Mixed Namkeen, Bundi or roasted Chana Dal.
- Add Tamarind Chutney (Imli Chutney), Green Coriander Chutney along with a dash of sparkling lemon juiceand mix all the ingredients well.Add diced Tomatoes, finely diced Onion and sparkling reduce pieces of green Chilli into the bowl.Bhel Puri is ready. Garnish it with Sev and fresh coriander leaves (Hara Dhaniya). Serve it immediately.
- For imli chutney: Cook 1 cup tamarind pulp(without seeds) add 2 tbsp gur,2 seedless khajoor,red chilli flakes 1tbsp, Knorr Chilli Garlic Ketchup 1tbsp,zeera powder 1/4tsp,red colour a pinch,salt to taste. It should be khatti meethi..
Bhel puri is a popular Indian savory snack made with puffed rice, tossed with vegetables and tangy chutneys. It is a quick & easy snack to prepare at home and is also served over road side stalls often in paper cones. Bhelpuri is also available at most Indian joints and is served as a tangy and crunchy snack for teatime. Bhel Poori is a sweet, tangy and spicy Indian street food prepared with puffed rice, crispy papdis, sev, some veggies and chutneys. It is an exemplary vegan snack recipe loaded with flavours.