Easy Borscht with Tender Beef. Steps to make Easy Borscht with Tender Beef : Cut the beef into large pieces and wash several times in water. By washing the beef the soup won't become cloudy. Put the beef in cold water and bring to a boil.
Plenty of mushrooms, cabbage and carrots along with a judicious amount of beef make this healthy borscht recipe special. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Ukrainian borscht—hot, meaty, and beet-red—is a classic hearty wintertime soup, loaded with tender chunks of beef and pork, plus an amazing array of vegetables, from beets to cabbage and celery root. You can cook Easy Borscht with Tender Beef using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Borscht with Tender Beef
- Prepare 500 grams of Beef shank.
- It’s 1 of whole head Cabbage.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 can of Canned tomatoes.
- It’s 10 tbsp of ☆ Ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of ☆ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆ Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Dashi soy sauce (soy sauce premixed with dashi).
- You need 50 ml of ● Red wine.
- It’s 2 of packets ● Soup stock.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Sour cream, optional.
It's a filling, deeply satisfying bowl of soup, with a sweet-sour finish. Linda, I think there are many different kinds of borscht. My mom and Ukrainian grandmother made different kinds for different seasons. Summer borscht had beets and veggies from the garden.
Easy Borscht with Tender Beef step by step
- Cut the beef into large pieces and wash several times in water. By washing the beef the soup won't become cloudy..
- Put the beef in cold water and bring to a boil. Skim off the scum, and drain into a colander or sieve..
- These are the vegetables. We eat up all this cabbage. Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Sauté the onion and carrot in olive oil. When the onion is transparent add the canned tomatoes and the ● ingredients..
- Add the beef and the ☆ ingredients, and simmer for a while, less than 30 minutes..
- When the soup is a little bit thickened, add the potatoes, and then mound the cabbage on top. Cover with a lid..
- After a while it looks like this. Season with salt and pepper, and it's done..
- Baguettes and wine are a must with this..
Christmas eve borscht was completely meatless, not even using chicken or beef broth. Fall borscht often had lots of beefy flavor and some meat. Pour in the beef and the vegetable broth and add the bay leaf. Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add potato pieces and coleslaw mix.