Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, until sauce has thickened. Add the beef back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired.
Great over rice or egg noodles Add beef and toss. Beef and Broccoli is one of the most popular dishes on Chinese restaurant menus. It also happens to be one of our family's favorite takeout dishes. You can have Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦 using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of beef flank steak.
- You need of Vegetable oil for sautéing (enough to coat bottom of pan).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooking sherry.
- You need 1 can of Condensed Tomato Soup.
- It’s 1 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of bag frozen cut broccoli (or larger).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
When my parents owned a Chinese takeout restaurant years ago, we had to crank out beef and broccoli orders every single day, so I've had plenty of practice making this dish, and making it taste. It's What's for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff for sponsoring this recipe which is perfect for the busy back to school season. Stir fry recipes like our Beef Stir Fry and Fried Rice have become reader favorites because. Beef and broccoli is the most popular Chinese beef stir-fry dish in the United Status.
Beef 🥩 and Broccoli 🥦 instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your steak…….
- Slice steak into thin strips…..
- Place steak strips into a pan that has been heated with vegetable oil and fry strips until almost brown, then add some black pepper to strips and your minced garlic…….
- Next add your sliced onion and sauté all until onion is slightly wilted……
- Remove steak and onion from pan and set to the side……
- In the same pan that you used for the steak add your cooking sherry and boil until sherry is slightly reduced……
- Add to that pan : the condensed tomato soup, beef broth, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and ginger……
- Stir well and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes…….
- Now add your frozen broccoli and heat until broccoli is tender…..
- Now add your brown sugar and cook until slightly thickened….
- Next add your steak that you put off to the side and mix all well, boil for about 5 minutes…..
- Remove from heat and serve over white rice and enjoy 😉!!.
It's the poster child of American Chinese food so much as that the most popular item in Panda Express is this dish! The rich brown sauce with tender beef and healthy broccoli has captured the hearts and palate of many people. The classic takeout dishes (think Orange Chicken, Pad Thai and Chicken Egg Rolls) were one of my many cravings during my second pregnancy. But rather than feel the greasy guilt often associated with the heavily salted and oil-drenched restaurant versions of those dishes, I decided a fast and fresh version of beef and broccoli was a must! Crisp-tender broccoli and tender steak, all decked out in a savory sauce.