Beef and Broccoli. When a wisp of white smoke appears, toss the marinated beef and garlic into the pan. Pour the reserved sauce into the skillet along with the beef broth and oyster sauce. Cook over high heat until it starts to thicken.
But I wouldn't call my recipe traditional. The sauce calls for garlic, broth, soy sauce, lime juice, and. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and beef broth. You can have Beef and Broccoli using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and Broccoli
- It’s 1 lb of thinly cut steak, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 TBS of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/3 C of soy sauce (I use low sodium).
- Prepare 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 TBS of honey.
- It’s 1 C of beef broth.
- You need of Approx 4 C broccoli florets.
- It’s of Approx 1 C thinly sliced carrots (optional).
- It’s 2 TBS of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 TBS of water.
In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, until sauce has thickened. Add the beef back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
Beef and Broccoli step by step
- Season steak with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. In a large oiled skillet, cook steak all the way through and remove from pan..
- To the pan, add sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and beef broth. Stir to combine..
- Add broccoli and carrots to pan..
- In a separate bowl, mix together the corn starch and water. Add to pan. Bring to boil to thicken sauce. Stir frequently..
- Add the steak back to the pan and heat through until vegetables are your desired consistency. (We still like just a little bite).
- Serve over rice or eat straight out of the skillet. Yumo..
The classic takeout dishes (think Orange Chicken, Pad Thai and Chicken Egg Rolls) were one of my many cravings during my second pregnancy. But rather than feel the greasy guilt often associated with the heavily salted and oil-drenched restaurant versions of those dishes, I decided a fast and fresh version of beef and broccoli was a must! Freeze cooled beef and broccoli in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.