Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe. Add to sugar both eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Follow recipe above to prepare dough.
Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. The BEST chewy & soft chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!!! You can cook Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe
- You need 1/2 c of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 c of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 c of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of butter, softened.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 c of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- You need 18 oz of chips or morsels, any combination.
I baked half of the batch without refrigerating to see the difference and it does make a huge difference in flavour and texture. If you bake the room temperature dough, the outcome will still be very good, but it'll be cakier and less gooey. I made chocolate chip cookies using recipes from celebrity chefs Duff Goldman, Alton Brown, and Martha Stewart to see which was the best. Brown's super precise recipe resulted in delicious, fluffy.
Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Combine dark brown, brown, and granule sugar in a bowl with softened butter, beat on low to medium until creamed..
- Add to sugar both eggs, vanilla and almond extract. If you don't have almond extract, use 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Beat together until blended..
- Add flour, baking soda, and coarse sea salt into sifter and sift together, into wet mix..
- Mix together BY HAND! Do not overmix.
- Add chips (I like chocolate and butterscotch chips!) And mix til consistently distributed. Spoon onto parchment paper 1 tablespoon at a time (size of picture makes 60 cookies!).
- Bake at 350°F for 11-15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly before eating. They also save well for up to a week enclosed on your counter but we've never been able to keep them around that long!.
If you love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, then you should try these banana oatmeal cookies, chocolate thumbprint cookies, chocolate meringue cookies, and monster cookies. Since baking soda (called for in the control recipe) requires an acid (such as brown sugar) to react, these cookies fell very flat as you can see by the way the chocolate chips protrude. After the cookies were done I let them cool before I put them away and I ate one. When I say this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. After you pass the crunch you get a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie with that slight toffee/caramel taste.