Chicken Soup. Method Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the onions, celery and carrots until they start to soften. Chicken soup Pure soul food, this warming, easy chicken soup makes the most of leftover roast chicken. It's a simple soup recipe, so really relies on the quality of the stock Each serving provides.
Recipe by: Chef John Cock-a-leekie soup for a crowd Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Fill the pan with cold water so that everything is covered, then place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chicken, carrots, celery and onion in a large soup pot; cover with cold water. You can have Chicken Soup using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 of chicken carcass, from a roast chicken.
- It’s 3 cup of leftover roast chicken meat.
- It’s 3 medium of to large carrots.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 bouquet garni – see the tip attached to the recipe direction photo.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock pot (optional).
- Prepare 2 cup of linguine, broken into 3.
- Prepare 1 of A few good pinches of sea salt flakes.
Heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken meat falls off of the bones (skim off foam every so often). Take everything out of the pot; sieve the stock. Pick the meat off of the bones and chop the carrots, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper to.
Chicken Soup step by step
- After roasting the chicken, remove any leftover meat and reserve in a tuppaware box in the fridge..
- Put carcass and any skin into a medium large pot and cover with water..
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours. Top up the water whenever it evaporates too much..
- Turn off heat and allow to cool..
- Pass stock through a muslin or tea towel tucked into a sieve into a large enough lidded container (you want to have about a quart of stock, maybe a little more).
- Refridgerate overnight, if possible..
- When ready to make the soup, make your bouquet garni….
- Take the lid off the stock and skim off any fat from the top..
- Pour stock into a large pot..
- Peel and slice carrots and add to the pot..
- Add the bouquet garni..
- Bring the pot to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bouquet garni. Melt the stock pot into tge broth, if using..
- Add the linguine and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the chicken, season to taste with salt, then serve in bowl. It will be very hot, so maybe let cool a little before eating..
A hearty soup recipe made with leftover roast chicken and sweet potatoes. Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks, celery and garlic. Sauté very gently for several minutes, making sure nothing takes on any colour, until the leeks are translucent and soft. Pour in the chicken stock and the milk.