Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce. Preheat the oil in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed pot, over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Make the tartar sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, dill, lemon juice, shallot, and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Once cooked, remove the pan and set aside. For the sandwiches, you'll need some slices of bread and your homemade tartar sauce. You can have Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce
- It’s 200 g of fish fillet.
- It’s 2 cups of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder (optional).
- It’s of Paprika and cayanne (both optional).
- It’s 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (one boiled & one fresh).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- It’s of Fresh parsley / coriander.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need of Enough cooking oil to deep fry.
Fill your sandwich with an even layer of tartar sauce and a couple of warm fish fingers. Place flour and breadcrumbs each on separate large plates, and then beat the egg in a bowl until well mixed. Next, dunk in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs until well coated and place onto the oiled baking tray. WATCH THE VIDEO! #GeekWeek on YouTube continues with a recipe that tastes bigger than it looks!.
Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce step by step
- Cut up the fish into fingers. 1/2 inch strips.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Add 1/2 tsp of each spice and 1 tsp of salt to the lemon juice and.
- Use to marinate. Set the marinated fish aside. The longer it marinates, the better..
- Grate the boiled egg and the onion (if it's a red onion dip it in boiled water for 3-5 mins to remove the bite) and add both to the mayonnaise. Add 1/2 tsp of white pepper and salt. Cut up the coriander / parsley finely and add to the e mixture. Voila! The tartar sauce is done..
- Beat the fresh egg and add the milk. Dip each fish finger individually into the mixture then into the bread crumbs and lay on a plate..
- When all the fingers are coated, dip into hot cooking oil in batches.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!.
This Fish Fingers and TARDIS Sauce Recipe pays homage to the long-running BBC classic, Doctor Who. Uses ingredients you might have on hand to whip up for fish sticks or fish and chips. Dip the fish in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Arrange on the baking sheet and continue until all of the fish is breaded. Tartar sauce can also be enhanced with the addition other varieties of herbs, lemon juice, or olives.