Mexican rice with Pineapple. In a large saucepan or non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add rice, garlic and jalapeno and sauté until rice turns opaque.
Stir in the cilantro, green onions, and lime juice to serve. Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown. You can have Mexican rice with Pineapple using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican rice with Pineapple
- Prepare 2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 5/6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small green capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of small red capsicum.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of green peas.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sweet corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled red kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 of of a pineapple.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- It’s as needed of black olives.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add the garlic, salt, and cumin and stir the rice til it looks golden. Add the tomato sauce and chicken broth and turn the heat up to medium high. This Mexican Rice recipe rivals any restaurant, is so easy to make at home and the perfect addicting side for all your Mexican dishes!. This Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice recipe is truly the best Mexican rice I've ever devoured – restaurant or homemade.
Mexican rice with Pineapple step by step
- Clean and soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Cut onions, vegetables in small cubes.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and make puree.
- Core out pineapple flash and cut them in small pieces..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add chopped onion and garlic..
- When onion and garlic become soft and translucent,add chopped vegetables along with green peas and sweet corn..
- Stir fry for few minutes, then add tomato puree..
- Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes so that raw smell of tomatoes goes off..
- Add cumin powder, sugar and salt..
- Mix well and add the drained rice..
- Stir nicely to fry the rice with vegetables for 5 minutes..
- Next add chopped pineapples and boiled kidney beans.Mix well..
- Add approximately 4 cups of hot vegetable stock/chicken stock or simply water and stir well..
- Cover and cook till rice cooks completely..
- Delicious Mexican rice is ready now. Fluff with a spatula,add some chilli flakes and chopped olive and serve..
It's light, fluffy, infused with flavor and the answer to the dreaded question "What should I make?" when it comes to sides. Combine rice, pineapple, water, butter, lime zest, and salt into a pot. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is soft. Stir occasionally to make sure the rice on bottom doesn't burn. Add more water if needed (the rice starts to burn or you run out of liquid before the rice is soft).