Tex's Copycat HP Sauce Recipe 🍶. Great recipe for Tex's Copycat HP Sauce Recipe 🍶. Had a question this morning from an American member, asking what HP sauce is, and what would be a good replacement in the US. In a large saucepan put the plums, apples, water, onion and the ginger.
I got it from a co-worker many years ago & haven't used the store-bought product since; however, I do keep my current supply in an old bottle for that authentic look (lol). If you prefer more of a bite, increase the tabasco!! Here is a recipe I collected. You can cook Tex's Copycat HP Sauce Recipe 🍶 using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tex's Copycat HP Sauce Recipe 🍶
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
- It’s 250 ml of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 300 ml of cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 of small cans, or 2 tubes of tomato paste (pureé).
- Prepare 4 of apples.
- Prepare 3 of small red onions.
- You need 250 ml of orange juice.
- You need 250 ml of apple juice 🍎.
- You need 300 ml of jar of tamarind paste, or make your own puree from a block.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pitted dates, chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of prunes.
- You need 3 tablespoon of black treacle (or molasses at a pinch).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of all spice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
Garton called the sauce HP because he had heard that a restaurant in the Houses of Parliament had begun serving it. KFC HONEY BBQ SAUCE COPYCAT RECIPE. KFC Honey BBQ Sauce is a delicious tangy barbecue sauce served at KFC restaurants. The BBQ sauce is so easy to make at home with this copycat recipe!
Tex's Copycat HP Sauce Recipe 🍶 step by step
- Recipe given makes about 1litre, roughly 1 quart, so adjust depending on how much you want.
- Roughly chop apples (I'm using Braeburns) and red onions. Finely chop 1 clove of garlic.
- In a large pot, add the water, white wine vinegar, tomato paste, apple juice, orange juice, dates, prunes, black treacle, tamarind, garlic, apples and red onions. Stir to blend. Over medium heat and covered, bring mixture to a boil..
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer and simmer covered for 25 – 30 minutes..
- Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, thoroughly grind cloves, black peppercorns, cardamom, mustard seed, cayenne, salt, cinnamon and allspice..
- After simmering in step #5, use an immersion (hand) blender to pureé mixture and reduce lumps. Add ground spice mixture to pot, stir well and simmer (covered) for another 30 – 45 minutes..
- Add cider vinegar to pot, stir to blend and return to a simmer. Simmer until thick..
- Scald off some bottles: Put a small amount of water into jars/bottles and heat until water is steaming either in an oven or in the microwave, to sterilise the bottles. Pour water out before using. Ladle hot sauce mixture into hot, prepared sealable bottles using a large funnel, then seal..
- Allow to cool then refrigerate. I like to use Grolsch beer bottles. Don't put in the fridge while hot, otherwise it will sour Grolsch is a premium Dutch beer, which is great in beer batters if you're not a beer drinker, with the added advantage of leaving some great clip-top bottles behind. They're also made from thick glass so they're good for hot liquids, as well as flavoured oils and vinegars. You'll need at least two 450ml bottles for this recipe.
- And how much do we love HP-Sauce in Britain?.
- However, there was a little casual misogyny in the mid 20th century….
- But we'll still use it for anything….
- HP brown sauce on corned beef hash….
- …or simply on a bacon butty….
Are you looking for a recipe that uses a blender? Brown Sauce Chinese recipes. soy sauce, sugar, beef broth, cornstarch, rice wine, oyster sauce. Everyone's favourite, this legendary and uniquely distinctive sauce is the result of our dedication to sourcing the highest quality ingredients and using a closely guarded secret recipe. BROWN SAUCE RECIPE – Like HP Sauce / Daddies Sauce. This entry was posted by Steve Owens.