Beef tips and gravy. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to reheat. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop and refresh the flavor with a dash of salt and pepper. Beef tips with gravy are also great to freeze in zippered bags, be sure to label with the date on them.
Since this recipe is now purpose-made from scratch, we usually use stew meat or chuck. Learn how easy it is to make Beef Tips and Gravy from scratch on the Stove Top or in the Crock Pot. These Sirloin tips are smothered in the most flavorful brown gravy and served with mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or with rice. You can have Beef tips and gravy using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef tips and gravy
- You need 1 lb of Stew meat\ beef tips.
- Prepare 8 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 medium of Red onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Weber roasted garlic & herb seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Be sure to try my Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe next! Instead of diluting the gravy mix with a full cup of water, I only used half a cup and I also blended in a tablespoon of cornstarch with the gravy mix before adding it to the beef. Flour should actually be fully cooked or it can taste too, well, floury. Flavorful Beef Tips & Gravy, served over fluffy mashed potatoes.
Beef tips and gravy instructions
- Put olive oil in pan and chop red onion and place into pan. Sauté til just start to carmelized. When done set aside..
- Put water, Worcestershire sauce, beef tips and other seasoning into water with beef tips. Simmer for about 40 minutes. Do not let water boil out. If water starts to boil out add 1/2 cup to a cup. Depending on how much you need..
- After simmered for 40 minutes add cream of mushroom soup and cook for another 20 minutes..
- When done serve over mash potato's or rice..
This Beef Tips & Gravy Meal is one that my family loves. It's delicious, easy to prepare and cost effective, too. A longtime Southern favorite, Beef Tips with Rice and Gravy is just comfort food at its best. Mom and Pop restaurants throughout the South feature this on their menus and, now you can enjoy the same great flavors in your home kitchen. Quick and easy to prepare, we'll show you how, step-by-step.