Beef Stroganoff. Check Out Stroganoff Sauce Mix On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese.
With all that flavor, you might assume it's a complicated dish, but it's actually quite the opposite. Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 3 T of butter.
- You need 1 lb of sirloin or beef tenderloin, thinly sliced into 1/2" strips.
- It’s 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 c of beef broth.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 c of sour cream.
- You need 1 T of dijon mustard.
- You need 2 pkg (8 oz) of Shirataki noodles, fettuccine style.
Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- In large skillet, melt 1 T butter. Sear beef working in batches if necessary. Transfer to plate and set aside..
- In skillet, melt 2 T butter. Add mushrooms, garlic and onion and cook 5 min. Add beef, broth, salt and pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min..
- Stir in sour cream and mustard. Cook 1 min. or until heated through..
- Prepare noodles – rinse, drain, dry. Divide into four portions and serve with meat mixture..
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.