Easy Chicken Pot Pie.
You can have Easy Chicken Pot Pie using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- You need of chicken breasts; medium dice.
- You need of pie crusts.
- It’s of large yellow onion; medium dice.
- Prepare of garlic; minced.
- You need of celery; small dice.
- Prepare of carrot; medium dice.
- Prepare of rosemary; minced.
- It’s of thyme; minced.
- It’s of white wine vinegar.
- You need of roasted chicken gravy.
- You need of parsley; chiffonade.
- You need of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Let pie dough sit outside of fridge for 1 hour, or pie doigh will rip when unrolled, as shown. If it does rip you can press it together with your fingers or a rolling pin..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan. Add chicken, celery, carrots, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Saute on medium-high heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic during last 30 seconds and saute until fragrant..
- Add vinegar. Reduce until dry. About 1-2 minutes..
- Add gravy. Bring to a simmer. Add parsley and stir..
- Line a pie tin with 1 layer of the dough. Add chicken filling. Top with other layer of dough and seal the outside with your fingers or a fork. Make a vent for steam in the center of the pie with a small paring knife..
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes..
- Variations; Cardoons, shallot, red onion, sweet potatoes, turnips, butternut squash, rutabaga, parsnip, potatoes, paprika, habanero, bacon, oregano, marjoram, corn, zucchini, squash, scallions, leeks, ramps, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chives, basil, sage, lemon, lime, spinach, arugula, jalapeños, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, dried ranch seasoning, dried onion soup mix, parmesan, pearl onions, beer, white wine, bourbon, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, honey, roasted garlic, tomatoes, honey, white beans, dijon, tarragon, dill, asparagus, ginger.