Irish beef stew. Toss beef cubes with flour to coat, then fry in the hot oil until browned. Place the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic in a large slow cooker. Place the meat on top of the vegetables.
Served with crusty bread, it's an ideal cool-weather meal and perfect for any Irish holiday. Traditionally, an Irish stew (aka Guinness Stew) is made with lamb, which you can totally do. Our version includes beef chuck, which is less traditional. You can have Irish beef stew using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Irish beef stew
- You need 1 lb of or more filet tips bite size.
- You need 8 oz of sliced baby Bella and 8 oz slice white mushroom.
- It’s Half of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of carrots cut on the bius.
- You need 3-4 of medium garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cabernet.
- Prepare 1 bottle of Guinness.
- Prepare 32 oz of beef stock.
- It’s 3 of rosemary sprigs.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Worcester.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
Whatever cut of meat you choose, this stew. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef stock, tomato paste, sugar, thyme,. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
Irish beef stew step by step
- Add oil to the pot and sear you filet for until you create a good fond on the bottom and remove.
- Add onion and a pat of butter and start to caramelize scraping up the fond. Once they are browning add the garlic until fragrant..
- Add all the mushrooms and a couple more pats of butter along with a few pinches of salt and sauté the mushrooms until they start to brown. Add the tomato paste and cook that out for a few minutes and then add the red wine and simmer high until the wine is mostly gone..
- Add the flour and cook it out for a few minutes.
- Start by adding your Guinness and burn the alcohol off for a few minutes then add the beef stock and a few dashes of Worcester.
- Add the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and a tsp of cracked black pepper and a few more pinches of salt and simmer for about 30 minutes then add the carrots and beef back to the pot and simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until it becomes thick and silky, serve over Irish mashed potatoes..
Add beef stock, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Irish Beef Stew Irish stew recipe made with beef, garlic, stock, Irish Guinness beer, red wine, potatoes, carrots, and onions. If you're looking for a healthy beef stew recipe that delivers on comfort, look no further. This one-pot Irish beef stew is packed with veggies and rich meaty flavor.