Easy Chicken "Pot Pie" Casserole. Low Prices on Look What We Found Chicken Casserole. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, carrots and onion; cook and stir until tender.
Add vegetables and chicken to the mixture and heat. In a large skillet, combine chicken, diced onion, broth, potatoes and peas and carrots, cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning and pepper. Stir and cook until ingredients are warm. You can have Easy Chicken "Pot Pie" Casserole using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken "Pot Pie" Casserole
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 64 oz of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of peas.
- It’s 1 large of yellow onion; small dice.
- Prepare 3 of carrots; peeled and sliced into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 3 of stalks celery; small dice.
- You need 3 clove of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3/4 oz of rosemary; minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 can of buttery biscuits.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
The sauce will thicken and you can add a little more water until desired consistency is reached. Next, pour the chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly. In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat and add onions and sliced mushrooms, season with garlic salt and pepper and saute until tender. Add flour and mix until combined.
Easy Chicken "Pot Pie" Casserole instructions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot. Season chicken breasts with dried spices and herbs. Reserve enough thyme and rosemary to season the sauce, veggies, and the biscuit crust..
- Sear chicken on all sides and remove from the pot. Add veggies. Add a pinch of thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Sweat on medium heat until veggies are nearly tender. Add garlic and peas. Saute until garlic is fragrant..
- Add vinegar and stock. Scrape the bottom of the pot to release the fond..
- Add soup, chicken, herbs, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium heat or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove bay leaf..
- Lay all the biscuit dough out and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin, or just pinch and overlap together, as shown..
- Pour chicken mixture into a large casserole dish. Lay dough on top. Press down and seal the edges. Season dough with rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and salt..
- Bake at 350° for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until biscuit dough is thoroughly cooked..
- Variations; Cheese, white wine, shallots, mustard, parsley, basil, roasted bell peppers or garlic, rice.
Reduce heat and add in mixed vegetables and chicken and stir to combine. First, melt the butter and olive oil in the casserole dish, and place the chicken breasts in the dish. Shred cooked chicken well and place in large mixing bowl. Mix in cream of chicken soup, sour cream, mixed vegetables, and spices. Cut biscuits into quarters and drop on top of chicken mixture.