Scain's Beef Burgundy. Succulent round steak is browned in olive oil, then simmered in beef broth and red wine. It's seasoned with marjoram and thyme and accompanied with fresh sliced mushrooms and onions. Beef Burgundy is a classic variation of the French recipe Beef Bourguignon.
A side salad goes amazingly with this. Also called "Beef Bourguignon" or "Bœuf Bourguignon," this beef stew braised in red wine and beef stock originated in France. A classic recipe typically includes carrots, onions, garlic and a variety of herbs, and may be garnished with pearl onions, mushrooms and bacon. You can have Scain's Beef Burgundy using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scain's Beef Burgundy
- You need 1 lb of beef tips.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/2 lb of pearl onions.
- Prepare of about 6 mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 4 of baby carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 8 oz of egg noodles.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tarragon.
Great beef burgundy recipe, and easy to put together. I have made this in both my crockpot and a dutch oven on the stovetop when I had less time for cooking and it worked well. I have used both chuck roast and sirloin steak, and both tasted good in the burgundy sauce. Great recipe to serve to a table full of people with a spinach salad, and a.
Scain's Beef Burgundy step by step
- In a large bowl, add beef tips, basil, thyme and wine. Let soak for an hour. In a skillet, cook bacon. Once cooked, set aside.
- In same skillet, add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook about 5 min. Dump the veggies into crockpot on low.
- In same skillet, add beef tips (drained from the wine, but save the wine) add flour and mix well. Just cook long enough to brown the beef. Add beef broth, tomato paste cook until thick, about 7 min then dump into crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5 hrs..
- In a skillet, add a dab of butter, then mushrooms. Cook about 10 min on med low until browned, add 1/2 cup of the wine mixed with the herbs from soaking the beef. Cook 5 min. Dump into the crockpot and top with bacon..
- Cook 1 more hour..
- Boil noodles per package. Once done, drain, add olive oil and tarragon..
- To serve, place egg noodles in a bowl, top with the beef burgundy. Add a bit of crumbled bacon on top..
In this case, Beef Bourguignon, literally translated as Burgundian Beef, is a very old French recipe that uses fatty beef cooked in red wine to create a stew that is either served warm or cold (as in a left-over, the following day). The red wine was typically a red Burgundy – a Pinot Noir or Gamy. Most good beef stews do have red wine in them. In the skillet using all the beef renderings add the bacon, garlic and olive oil. Cook over medium heat until bacon is done.