Mely's ultimate enchiladas. When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas. To finish top with a package of shredded cheese. Mely Martínez's Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas) We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission.
Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper. How to Prepare Favorite Brisket Tacos. Hello & welcome to the Views Kitchen! You can cook Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- You need of Ground Meat.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- It’s 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of adobo or salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1 can of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- It’s 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 10 large of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- You need of Meat filling.
- You need 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 5 oz of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- You need 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce, mild.
On today's recipe, we will be showing you how to cut a corner using chili powder to make your enchiladas. Enchiladas are the perfect crowd pleaser for family and friends. Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. In Mexico, these Cream Enchiladas are also known as "Encremadas", due to their rich cream sauce.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas instructions
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
Like with other enchiladas, you can serve them by themselves as a meatless dish or as a side dish for grilled meats. Either way, it is a delicious treat for the whole family, and you will be glad to add this recipe to your weeknight repertoire! They are savory, hearty, and supremely satisfying. You can either place the chicken enchiladas seam-side-up or seam-side-down. Then pour any remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle on some extra cheese.