Roast beef with yellow potatoes and carrots. Carrots, onions, and potatoes make this classic beef pot roast a hearty one-pot meal. After searing the beef and quickly sautéing the onions, the meat is slowly simmered on the stovetop. Toss in the veggies an hour before it's done so that the meat is perfectly tender and the vegetables aren't mushy.
Put carrots, potatoes and onions in bag. Remove from oven, add carrots and potatoes to pot and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Oxo powder on bottom of large roasting pan. You can have Roast beef with yellow potatoes and carrots using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast beef with yellow potatoes and carrots
- You need 3 of sachets of beef bouillon.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- It’s 6 of yellow potatoes.
- You need 5 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of sirloin tip roast.
- You need 1 of cornstarch.
Flip roast, fat side down and make ½ inch slices ¾ of the way down, from. Sprinkle roast well with salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting pan. Uncover and arrange vegetables around roast in pan.
Roast beef with yellow potatoes and carrots instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Wash potatoes and cut in big chunks. Peel carrots and dice..
- Sear roast in pan..
- Add water and beef bouillon to roasting pan. Put potatoes and carrots in roasting pan..
- Add roast in the middle. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Cover and put in oven..
- Mine was in for almost two hours for 4lb roast..
- Check roast about 1 1/2 hrs with meat thermometer..
- when everything is done remove roast, potatoes and carrots. Pour liquid in a pot and boil. Mix cornstarch with water and add to boiling juice until thick..
- Add everything back into roasting pan for approximately 10-15 minutes..
Add the wine, broth, water, thyme, bay leaves, and sugar. Return to the oven and continue cooking for one hour, or until the meat is fork-tender, the broth is thickened, and the carrots and potatoes are tender. Spread in even layer at the bottom of a roasting pan. Remove beef from marinade and pat off excess (discard remaining marinade). Spread them in a single layer and nestle the roast (fat-side up) in the middle, pushing the vegetables aside as necessary.