Stir-fried Beef with Fresh Bamboo Shoots. Pour beef into the skillet to stir-fry until fully cooked. Add spices to taste if needed at this step. Remove from the wok and cook the remainder of the beef.
Slice beef thin against the grain. Slice bamboo shoots and fresh mushrooms. In one cup, combine sherry, sugar and soy sauce. You can have Stir-fried Beef with Fresh Bamboo Shoots using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried Beef with Fresh Bamboo Shoots
- You need 400 gr of fresh bamboo shoots.
- You need 150 gr of beef tenderloin.
- Prepare 1 of small knob ginger, pounded.
- It’s 1 of shallot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of head garlic, minced.
- You need of Scallions and cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Sugar, oyster sauce, spices, cooking oil.
Pour some cooking oil in a pan and heat over medium fire. Stir-fry beef over high heat nimbly. Ladle stir-fried beef out into a plate and stir-fry the prepared bamboo shoots. Put stir-fried beef in and stir thoroughly.
Stir-fried Beef with Fresh Bamboo Shoots step by step
- Rinse beef and pat dry, thinly slice. Marinate beef with ginger, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of soup base in 20-30 minutes. Strip bamboo shoots lengthwise, rinse many times under cold water. Gently squeeze bamboo to remove water. Put a pot of water over the heat. When water boils, add bamboo shoots and 1.5 teaspoon of sugar into the pot (sugar helps to remove the smell of bamboo). Cook until the bamboo boils again in about 3 minutes then turn off the heat (please remember to boil with no lid on). Wash the bamboo again with cold water. Pour the bamboo into a colander to let water drain off..
- Put a skillet on the stove, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil then add garlic to fry until fragrant. Use high heat, pour beef into the skillet to stir-fry in about 2-3 minutes until it becomes a bit shriveled. Beef at this stage can be fairly rare but when stir-fried with bamboo, it will no longer be chewy. Transfer beef to a plate..
- Put the skillet back on the stove, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil then fry shallots until fragrant. Fry over high heat, add bamboo shoots and liquid from stir-frying beef, stir-fry in about 3-4 minutes. Pour beef into the skillet to stir-fry until fully cooked. Add spices to taste if needed at this step. Add scallions, cilantro and toss in about 10 seconds then turn off the heat. Served hot, very "rice-consuming". Good luck^^.
Stir fry the beef just until they turn colors. Add bamboo shoots, along with soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and salt. Continue stir frying for another couple minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately. Scoop out the beef and place it in a warm oven.