Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies. Find Deals on Just Cookie Dough in Groceries on Amazon. fenway These cookies are tender shortbread thumbprint cookies accented with toasted coconut and filled with a creamy chocolate mousse. All the components come together to provide a crisp outer toasted coconut cookie with the tender buttery shortbread abd a creamy soft chocolate mousse center. This is basically a mixture of heated cream & milk chocolate, whisked until smooth.
Combine chocolate, vegetable oil, and almond extract in a small, deep microwave-safe bowl. The cookie dough, with its cocoa powder and finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate, helps to balance out the sweetness of the filling. Making the coconut shortbread cookies is super simple. You can cook Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies
- You need of For Coconut Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, at room temperature (3 sticks).
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of large egg beaten with 1 tablesoon water (egg wash).
- You need of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need of For Milk Chocolate Mousse Fillimg.
- It’s of good quality milk chocolate, not chips. I used Lindor.
- It’s of Exellence Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of vanilla extract.
You start by beating the butter and sugar together until smooth. Once it's nice and cool, it's very easy to slice it. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. The fragrance of toasted coconut combined with rich and buttery shortbread will make your house smell better than any scented candle.
Chocolate Mousse Filled Coconut Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Start the mousse filling first as it needs to chill before finishing.
- For Milk Chocolate Mousse.
- Have chopped chocolate in a large bowl, heat cream to a simmer in the microwave or on stovetop, stir in vanilla.pour over chocolate, amd let sit one minute then stir smooth. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours. This can be done up to 2 days inbadvance..
- Make Shortbread Ccookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- Whisk together in a bowl flour and salt.
- In another large biwl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in flour until a dough forms. Press it into a mass with your hands.
- Roll into golf size balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut lace on prepared pan, with the back of a wooden spoon or your thumb make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake 25 to 33 minutes until set. Using the back of a wooden spoon again make sure each cookie has a good sized well in the center after baking. Be gentle so the cookie does notcrack. Cool completely on rack.
- Finish Mousse and fill cookies.
- Beat cold chocolate cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Fill each cookie center with mousse. The filling n will remain light and fluffy so store eine layer in the refrigerator.
- These cookies freeze reallybwell, just be sure to freeze first in single layers until completely frozsen before storing in freezer bags and thaw in single layers as well..
Why these coconut cookies should be in your freezer right now: When you keep logs of prepared cookie dough in your freezer, you can have fresh warm cookies in the time it takes to preheat your oven and bake them. Spread flaked coconut into a thin layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet. These Chocolate Shortbread have been a long time coming, every year I make and test one but I am never convinced, until this year, I even had my trusty recipe tester, Janet test them for me. Melt the chocolate in either a double boiler on the stove or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Take a chilled sandwich cookie and dip halfway in the chocolate.