Fried Rice. This Thai fried rice is called American fried rice (Khao Pad American) in Thailand, because it uses ingredients that are considered American, like ketchup and bacon. It is very popular in Thailand and easy to make. All ingredients should be prepped in advance cause once you start frying the rice, it goes fast.
Fried rice is a quick and delicious way to transform leftovers into something delicious! Though we sometimes think of certain ingredients being typical (eggs, garlic, soy) the only thing you need. Turn leftover fried rice into crunchy, golden brown bites for dipping. You can cook Fried Rice using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice
- It’s 1 of as needed Pork loin.
- Prepare 4 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken.
- You need 3 of stock Green onion.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Large yellow onion.
- It’s 8 each of Large shrimp.
- It’s 1 of as needed Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of as needed Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt.
- It’s 1 of as needed White long grain rice.
Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry the rice to coat evenly with oil. Remove from skillet and set aside. Stir fried rice is best when it is made with cold rice. You can even cook the rice the night before.
Fried Rice step by step
- Dice the large onion and in a large skillet, sauté the onions in olive oil. Cook until they are opaque, once they are finished, set then aside..
- Dice the chicken, pork loin and green onion..
- In your large skillet, cook your eggs. Once the eggs are finished, add as much white rice as you'd like..
- Mix the eggs, rice and onions. Once mixed, season with salt and garlic powder to taste..
- Add the chicken and pork to rice mixture..
- In a separate skillet, cook your shrimp. Make sure not to overcook them, cook until they are no longer opaque..
- Add your cooked shrimp to your rice mixture. Finish by adding soy sauce to taste and green onions..
The longer the rice sits the better it tastes! Next, I add lots of veggies to this homemade fried rice. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Fried rice can be reheated in a skillet set over medium heat on the stovetop in a little oil, with little splash of water if it seems dry.