Delicious Tartar Sauce without Pickles. I think the powdered type of sushi vinegar is fine, but if you don't have any, you can use the liquid version. By definition, tartar sauce has pickles or relish in it. You can mix mayo with many other things; lemon, spices, minced cucks and tomatoes, and have a lovely sauce.
This homemade tartar sauce recipe packs such a delicious flavor, it's simply the BEST! Potato-Crusted Tilapia with No-Pickle Tartar Sauce (Low-FODMAP) Written by Dianne B. Just a few seconds of stirring turns the sauce into a creamy and delicious mixture. You can have Delicious Tartar Sauce without Pickles using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Tartar Sauce without Pickles
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 of Cucumber (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sushi vinegar (powdered).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
It gets better and better overtime. For a lighter sauce with fewer calories, you can swap the mayonnaise for light mayo or plain yogurt. Tartar sauce is delicious on seafood, such as this pecan-crusted fish that I make or these tasty salmon cakes, also known as salmon patties or salmon croquettes. Or if you like fish sticks, this tartar sauce makes them even better.
Delicious Tartar Sauce without Pickles instructions
- The amounts of the cucumber and onions are just a rough guideline. Use as much or as little as you'd like. This time, I didn't have any parsley, but I usually add it in because it looks nicer..
- Add the powdered sushi vinegar to the chopped vegetables and mix..
- I think the powdered type of sushi vinegar is fine, but if you don't have any, you can use the liquid version. You could also use 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar + 1/2 teaspoon of sugar + a pinch of salt!.
- Now make the hard-boiled eggs. Boil the eggs for about 12 – 14 minutes. Once they rise to the top, put into cold water and peel. Separate the yolks and whites..
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the vegetables and mix in the egg yolks. Break up the egg yolks using a fork or spoon as you mix..
- Finely chop up the egg whites. It's easier to chop up the whites and the yolks separately..
- Bring the yolks, egg whites, and the mayo together and then season with salt and pepper. Use as much mayo as you like..
- Check out my recipe that goes great with this!..
For those who follow a gluten-free diet, always check the label to verify that the mayonnaise you are using is gluten-free. A basic tartar sauce recipe requires only a few ingredients: mayonnaise, chopped sweet pickles or relish, and lemon juice. Optional ingredients include onion, mustard, and capers. Some recipes also call for herbs like dill and parsley. > Healthy Tartar Sauce (no mayo!) Creamy, spicy tartar sauce is the perfect accompaniment to anything fried (or "fried"- as in, baked with panko breadcrumbs, like our Crumb Topped Salmon, for that irresistible crunch) and just about any piece of fish (like our Salmon ). This the tartar sauce my mom made growing up, no sweet relish here!