BBQ Sirloin Tips. Sirloin tip steak is cut from the top of the round (or hip area), in a region that sits below the top sirloin and the short loin. As you probably guessed, this means that sirloin tip is not as tender as top sirloin. Because butchers tend to label these two cuts interchangeably, be sure to ask which one you're getting before you make a purchase.
Typically it is a tender beef that cooks quickly. You can buy beef tips at the store, sold exactly like that. A sirloin roast is a large cut of beef that comes from the back portion of the cow. You can have BBQ Sirloin Tips using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Sirloin Tips
- You need 1 lb of Beef Tips.
- It’s 1 cup of BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Steak Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Salt.
Place the seasoned sirloin roast over the drip pan and close the grill lid. Adjust the vents as needed to keep the temperature consistent. Sprinkle the seasoned sirloin with kosher salt. You should use tongs to turn the sirloin frequently so it cooks evenly.
BBQ Sirloin Tips step by step
- Marinate Steak Tips in BBQ Sauce, more than 1cup of BBQ sauce can be used if not all meet is covered. Let sit in fridge for up to two hours..
- Sauté onion and garlic salt in oil over medium high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. You can substitute minced garlic for the garlic salt. I would have if I had any but this still works great!.
- Lower heat to medium, add beef tips and Steak Seasoning and cook to brown on both sides. Lower heat and let simmer for a couple minutes. Cut into one, if more time is needed throw a lid on them for a couple more minutes..
- Served over white rice I had set in my rice cooker, as well as fresh steamed veggies, easy!.
Most often, you'll find this cut labeled as "sirloin steak tips" or "sirloin tips," which is a single muscle that butchers call flap meat. How do you tenderize beef tips? The sirloin tip lies at the top of the round or hip, and above the sirloin tip lies the top sirloin which is joined to the shortloin, which means the top sirloin will be somewhat more tender than the tip. Top sirloin comes from the top of the sirloin primal section, but unlike sirloin steaks it is a boneless cut. It is one of the leanest and healthiest cuts of steak available.