Shrewsbury biscuits. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Grab sweet discounts on trainers, boots, shoes & more at schuh! shrewsbury biscuits.
Shrewsbury biscuits are a traditional biscuit with a delicious lemony flavour. The currents give them some tasty added fruitiness. Nowadays, Shrewsbury Biscuits are a geographically indicated food of the United Kingdom and have received Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status. You can cook Shrewsbury biscuits using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrewsbury biscuits
- Prepare 113 grams of softened butter or margarine.
- Prepare 113 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 170 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla paste/extract I used paste.
- Prepare 1 of egg lightly beaten, I used 62g as I used a cookie press so dough didn't need rolling out and I got 60 biscuits.
A Shrewsbury cake or Shrewsbury biscuit is a classic English dessert, named after Shrewsbury, the county town of Shropshire. They are made from dough that contains sugar, flour, egg, butter and lemon zest; dried fruit is also often added. The Shrewsbury Biscuit Podcast is a show designed to celebrate the town of Shrewsbury UK. A town that is bursting at the seams with history, culture, inspiration and art.
Shrewsbury biscuits instructions
- Line 1 or 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper depending on size of biscuits you are making and pre heat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Cream together butter & sugar till light.
- Add sifted flour, salt, extract or vanilla paste and enough egg to form a dough (if rolling out) or little more for a cookie press.
- Roll dough out if rolling to 1/4"thick cut into circles with 2" cutter then put onto tray, or put in the press and press onto the tray..
- Cook in centre of oven 10-15 minutes until light golden brown. The smaller the biscuit the quicker the time..
- Take out oven, leave a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Not only that, it's a place that has a long running reputation as one of the UK's original festival towns. Lightly beat the egg white using a fork. Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush the tops with the beaten egg white. A Shrewsbury cake or Shrewsbury biscuit is a classic English dessert, named after Shrewsbury, the county town of Shropshire. They are made from dough that contains sugar, flour, egg, butter and lemon zest; dried fruit is also often added.